Azure Image Optimizer plugin takes image uploads, optimize them and apply a gradient and rounded edges.
Plugin performs next steps to update an image:
1. Server accepts file upload.
2. Quick mimetype check is performed on file to ensure it is either a jpg, png, or gif.
3. If check is successful, the file is stored to a processing storage blob.
4. Trigger notifies WebJob about new file in the storage.
5. WebJob starts working with a file
6. File's buffer is checked to ensure someone did not simply change the extension to jpg, png, or gif. Invalid file types are deleted from the storage blob.
7. If the buffer check succeeds, the file is minimized / optimized.
8. If the category type is Event Picture, then the gradient and rounded edges are applied.
9. The output from steps 7 and 6 are written to the correct storage blob depending on the picture's category.
10. The file is deleted from the step 3 location.
Tools and Technologies